Friends of Chris and Kelly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The way men & women think. A - AKA The biblical roles of

5 posters

Go down

The way men & women think. A - AKA The biblical roles of Empty The way men & women think. A - AKA The biblical roles of

Post by Rayzed Edge Mon 07 Jan 2008, 4:43 am

If we go back to Genesis and evaluate the creation and roles of men and women we might understand why we don't understand.

God did create man first king Man was created as God's helper in the garden
Woman was created second out of man queen as man's helper from God

I once heard in a talk that his process explains why Women more generally are relational creatures whereby Men are more practical creatures. The same talk also discussed that this is why there will come a time whereby Son's will be frustrated by their mothers as their natural inclination should be to lead.

This also makes fabulous sense as to why in the New Testament it talks about older women instructing younger women and older men instructing younger men.

So no ... until the new creation where their is no marriage and so (I make the presumption that) we will all play the same roll ... Men wont understand Women because were just not meant to.

Now comes your turns to FIRE AWAY
Rayzed Edge
Rayzed Edge

Male Number of posts : 49
Humor : Sick, Sarcastic, Dry
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

The way men & women think. A - AKA The biblical roles of Empty Re: The way men & women think. A - AKA The biblical roles of

Post by gigglesmish Mon 07 Jan 2008, 6:00 am

It's also stated in the bible, that woman was created so that man would not be alone. Because it was not good for man to be alone. I could so go to town on that with sarcastic remarks, but seeing as how this is a serious kinda topic, im gunna attempt to stay kinda serious....

I have given this some serious thought (like at 4am this morning) now, i believe, that once man and woman become married, they are united, and they become one. (i'm not putting a time frame on this either!!!) Which means, over time husband and wife understand one another on a new level, where both parties are equal. A look, a glance, can say 1000 words and the other partner knows exactly where they are at.

Wouldnt the world be an easier place if it was like this for all of us all the time!

One of my friends who i was simply taken by the first time I met him, is a very smart man, he also has this amazing ability to know what im thinking when im nowhere near him. I can be on the phone to him, i can be telling him "im fine" when really on the inside i feel like im dying for whatever reason - he'll just say so what about blah blah blah and it will be exactly what my issue is. Now the biggest test for us (cause he knows he does my head in with this whole knowing what i think business) is when he moves o/s.

So anyways back to my point - if he knows how i think, & what I think (spooky) and we're not united as one - we get along like a house on fire, cause we both know where the boundaries are & what upsets the other - how come it's not like that with everyone? Couldn't we utilise our christianity, and get the message out there so much clearer if there was nothing in our way to cloud our perception of where others are at?

does that make any sense? Im running on no sleep here....
gigglesmish
gigglesmish

Female Number of posts : 82
Humor : incredibly funny, sarcastic

Back to top Go down

The way men & women think. A - AKA The biblical roles of Empty Re: The way men & women think. A - AKA The biblical roles of

Post by Miguel Sanchez Tue 08 Jan 2008, 1:44 pm

Rayzed wrote:

So no ... until the new creation where their is no marriage and so (I make the presumption that) we will all play the same roll ... Men wont understand Women because were just not meant to.

Do you mean to say their will be no gender in heaven? Interesting thought (if thats what you're getting at...)

Just some of my thoughts...

I think gender is not only physical but also spiritual.
I think there is no marriage in heaven.
I think its possible for men and women to begin to understand each other in some capacity on earth which will be fully unveiled in heaven/new earth (where we retain our genders).
I think that each gender needs to be proactive in trying to understand the other. It won't come naturally but with time and meditation and thought and shared experiences...I think the heart of the other gender begins to make more sense.

Afroman disagrees with me but is too cool to say why.
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Male Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmy_J Tue 08 Jan 2008, 4:27 pm

Greatest marrage in the Bible? It has to be Christ and the Church.

God loves order and God loves illustration.

Picture of Heaven given to us: God, Christ and Church in correct hierarchy. Gods people praising and bringing Glory to Him. God's people in perfect relationship with each other.

Biblical Church is illustrated as Christ the head (submitting to God) and us submitting and living by Christ's teachings, after all this is our spiritual act of worship. Paul repeatedly tells us to get along with one another. God through his word is telling us that Church should be like Heaven. Unfortunatly it always aint.

Incase we didn't get it God gives us a model for family/marrage and compares it to Church. The husband as the head (Submitting to God etc),loving and leading in his family, the same love as Christ (sacrificial). The wife submitting to the husband, each in their given role. Each complementing one another, equal but different. The perfect biblical household is one of order, a bit like Heaven. But heaven they aint.

As in all Biblical Theology, if the reality is not meeting the ideal, as Rayzed did, we go back to the fall. The fall changed everything and also explains everything. The curse effects the male-female relationship (Gen 3:16).

But the fall isn't a "get out of gaol free" card. We can't use it as an excuse. Christ died so the effects of the fall can be reversed. Sure we wont see them all till Heaven, but we as Christians are free from the power of the fall now, and should be living for Christ with the model of Heaven in mind.

We are to be different. We are to live our roles as we were created to do, our families should be ordered, our Church life should be a slice of Heaven. Because it is all to Glorify God.

Because of the fall men and women don't understand each other that well, but we were created to understand and relate perfectly, (see heaven), so as Christians, Mishy nailed it, Husbands and wives are one, they should strive to understand each other. As Christians we should always be working on relationships, (see heaven), male or female.

TJ.

PS:

I think there will be no marrige in Heaven beacause the Church/Family Illustration (shadow) has passed and we will be experiencing the reality, perfect order, perfect relationships.

I think there will be genders. But all with the same role (ie praising and Glorifying God).

Come Lord Jesus!!! Come!!!
Timmy_J
Timmy_J

Male Number of posts : 16
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Sanchez Wed 09 Jan 2008, 3:16 am

Nice work Timmy J! How long did that take you? lol!

Yep. I agree with pretty much everything you said. Not only did the fall ruin our relationship with God but it also ruined our relationship with creation, our fellow human beings and ourselves.

The death of Christ and his Ascension is sooo amazingly powerful to bring restoration to all these relationships. Praise God for He is mighty to save!
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Male Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayzed Edge Wed 09 Jan 2008, 8:55 am

[/quote]

Do you mean to say their will be no gender in heaven? Interesting thought (if thats what you're getting at...)

[/quote]

I think that is what I am saying. We don't really know much about what the reality will be of the new creation (and I think, like Moses on the Mountain with God) it would kill us to know, literally. But from the passages where Jesus talks about "no marriage" in heaven ... I gain an appreciation that our "New Creation" bodies will be different to these sinful bodies that age and breakdown and cause death. I gain a feeling that there will be gender neutrality in the new creation where we will all relate perfectly. (There certainly wont be any purpose for reproduction)

Question I don't know Arrow Just my thoughts Rolling Eyes As I would say with my uni bb's pirat my 2 cents Exclamation
Rayzed Edge
Rayzed Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayzed Edge Wed 09 Jan 2008, 8:56 am

Rayzed wrote:

I think that is what I am saying. We don't really know much about what the reality will be of the new creation (and I think, like Moses on the Mountain with God) it would kill us to know, literally. But from the passages where Jesus talks about "no marriage" in heaven ... I gain an appreciation that our "New Creation" bodies will be different to these sinful bodies that age and breakdown and cause death. I gain a feeling that there will be gender neutrality in the new creation where we will all relate perfectly. (There certainly wont be any purpose for reproduction)

Question I don't know Arrow Just my thoughts Rolling Eyes As I would say with my uni bb's pirat my 2 cents Exclamation

This quote things broken
Rayzed Edge
Rayzed Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Wed 09 Jan 2008, 12:36 pm

no it isn't. I just fixed it for you.
Kelly
Kelly
Admin

Female Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-12-31

https://ckwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down