Friends of Chris and Kelly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The way men & women think.

5 posters

Go down

The way men & women think. Empty The way men & women think.

Post by gigglesmish Sun 06 Jan 2008, 8:41 am

The older I get, the more apparent it becomes that men and women see things completely differently.

What makes perfect sense to a woman, makes none to man & vice versa.

Do you think there will be a point in time (before judgement day) where men & women will, go " Oh, I get you"

???? farao
gigglesmish
gigglesmish

Female Number of posts : 82
Humor : incredibly funny, sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

The way men & women think. Empty Re: The way men & women think.

Post by bumblebee Sun 06 Jan 2008, 8:56 am

mishy- i dont know what you are on about- it makes no sense to me! Razz

of course you know that there are 2 ways of thinking about something- the correct way and the way the opposite sex think about it! Laughing

but to answer your question- to generalise heaps- men and women tend to think differently & so they dont get each other. and it will remain so until Jesus comes back (come Lord Jesus come!).

in the meantime, i will keep on trying to understand the lovely ladies of this world!

bb
bumblebee
bumblebee

Male Number of posts : 74
Humor : im the most funniest bumblebee thats buzzing around

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Sun 06 Jan 2008, 12:23 pm

I think it is undersanding the differences and embracing them, and not seeing them as hinderences.

But yes, all women see things the right way, and then there is the way men see things!
Razz
Kelly
Kelly
Admin

Female Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-12-31

https://ckwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gigglesmish Sun 06 Jan 2008, 4:47 pm

I think this may not have been the best topic to post on the forum. Sorry Kel.

Jeremy & Kel, your comments rock, and have totally made me laugh. So needed tonight. thank you. Surprised

I'm at the moment at wits end with myself. This whole going for interviews, and not having a job persay i can walk into is tough. I've never felt this way before. I'm in tears more often than laughing, my sister is being a gem. She's been here & totally being so patient with me. I think what im trying to get at, is Ive picked a topic that has troubled me for a while, to take the focus from everything else in my life. works - kinda - not really at all. pale

So please ignore me guys.. *watch this space* i will return to normal in no time.
gigglesmish
gigglesmish

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Sanchez Sun 06 Jan 2008, 11:46 pm

Mishy, nice post!

I don't know if I should post a reply given that it seems you wanted to wrapt the thread up but...I couldn't help myself.

Just some general thoughts...

I don't know that men and women think differently perse but our hearts (souls) are most definitely different. In Genesis, it speaks of God making men and women in his image. Thus, men reflect the image of God, and women do too, but different facets of it.

Thus, the way men and women reflect the image of God is at the gender level. At the level of the heart. This takes a little bit of getting your head around and if you want to read further I suggest for you blokes to read "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge and for you chics, to read "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge.

Anyways, given that we reflect different facets of the image of God it makes sense that we should be different, and different in a multitude of ways including perhaps the way we think, and the desires of our hearts.

Now, for my cheeky time. We all know that women seem to think that gender difference is no good, and so they spend all their time once they have "their man" taming him, domesticating him, trying to turn him into a woman. This global phenomenon of emasculation has got to stop! And then woman start whinging about why their romance and man has become so dull and boring and youse all start asking where all the real men have gone? And some of us men just want to shout back, you turned em all into women! lol!

Heh heh. And finally...this metrosexual craze is annoying me too. Guys, pick a gender and stick with it...actually, no thats not right...be a male, and delight in that. Its a good thing...despite what everyone else seems to think...
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Male Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Mon 07 Jan 2008, 12:03 am

so Trent, you think that all women want to turn guys into is women once they have "their man"?

From that I conclude that in a relationship women then should expect nothing but the hunter/gatherer in our male partners, and none of the love and emotion, solidity, trust and compassion.

I am not saying that I intentionally went into my marriage trying to change my husband, but I think both of us have changed over the last 10 years we have been together, and especially the last 7 we have been married, and mostly that has been for positive reasons. We now communicate much better, where we used to argue to the point of screaming matches.

I know my husband thinks differently to the way I do, and often that is a good thing. I am not out to emasculate him.

And by the way, my husband is still a romantic, still buys me flowers for no reason buys me jewelry for no reason. Spends time with me watching soppy girlie movies when I am sure there are other things he would much rather be doing.

I know what you said was to see if you could rile me up, but I am offended by the idea that all women in a marriage only want to convert their husbands into women.
Kelly
Kelly
Admin

Female Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-12-31

https://ckwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Sanchez Mon 07 Jan 2008, 4:20 am

Kel! I meant no offence whatsoever.

Moreover, my post was not designed to rile anyone up, nor was it targeted at anyone in particular.

But I think that for many marriages (certainly not all) this may be the case. Watch even just a bit of TV and this type of "taming" or "domesticating" is particularly evident. The fearful husband frightened of doing anything to upset the wife...the cranky wife who always has her way. Its often the source of many laughs for sitcoms and the reason for this I suspect is that many couples can identify with this dynamic.

I expect there may be two reasons for this which I'm happy to discuss further if anyone really wants to get into this...but to keep it simple:

1) Men battle a passivity in themselves which seems to have haunted our souls ever since Adam let Eve take on the serpent by her self.
2) Part of the curse levelled at women is that they are told that the husband is to rule over them. I think God made this clear for a reason because there is a tendency in the feminine heart to exercise mastery over the husband.

So, again, I want to make it clear that I am not judging anybodies marriage. Far be it for me, who has never been in a serious relationship to judge that sort of thing. But I was just wanting to post some observations is all!

So Chris, keep being that romantic! In this way you're reminding Kelly of how valuable, precious and beautiful she is...and you remind her of how God feels towards her.

Kel, I trust that the relationship between yourself and Chris continues to deepen and strengthen, as it should. Your relationship honors God and brings joy to many others. It is a blessing to me too.

As for the hunters and gatherers bit, I think there's a bit more to being a man than that. What does a real man look like? He looks like Jesus. he is supposed to have the qualities of "love and emotion, solidity, trust and compassion."

Bless youse all!
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Male Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayzed Edge Mon 07 Jan 2008, 4:35 am

So is it my turn now?

Maybe this would be better posted now on the "Theological discussions" page ... so I might just take it there now.
Rayzed Edge
Rayzed Edge

Male Number of posts : 49
Humor : Sick, Sarcastic, Dry

Back to top Go down

Post by gigglesmish Mon 07 Jan 2008, 6:05 am

"Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge. This is the book I'm reading! Sorry really bad with remembering names... Im lucky if i can remember the author.

It's good. Raises some interesting things that i have not thought of that way before....
gigglesmish
gigglesmish

Back to top Go down

Post by gigglesmish Wed 09 Jan 2008, 11:39 am

Shelley is back in the game! Rolling Eyes Wink
gigglesmish
gigglesmish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down