Friends of Chris and Kelly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have become comfortably numb

2 posters

Go down

I have become comfortably numb Empty I have become comfortably numb

Post by Rayzed Edge Mon 21 Jan 2008, 11:32 am

I don't know where the best post for this is ... but this seems about right.

Rolling Eyes

I'm feeling really tired and spiritually numb at the moment. Shocked ... Actually, the truth is I have been that way for a while now.

I had thought that the move to Canberra would revive me and give me new life and vibrance. But not much has really changed.

I've become thoroughly awful with my devotional that was supposed to be considered my daily bible reading and inspiration to keep me accountable. I find it really difficult to keep awake during church services (especially sermons). I fall asleep at bible study or find that I just can't 'get' the passage anyway and so spend the whole time just trying to understand what I'm reading. I'm certainly not reading the bible with my wife or providing any inspiration for her in her walk with God.

I'm just in a really dreadful state and worst for wear for it physically, mentally and spiritually.

Part of it is comprehending, understanding and accepting what God's plan is for us as a family.

Anyway ... Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
Rayzed Edge
Rayzed Edge

Male Number of posts : 49
Humor : Sick, Sarcastic, Dry
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

I have become comfortably numb Empty Re: I have become comfortably numb

Post by gigglesmish Wed 23 Jan 2008, 3:33 pm

Perhaps you just need to take a step back, and relax a little. God doesnt put anything in your path that you can't handle. Unfortunately, he doesnt supply us with a manual to tell us HOW to handle the things he puts in our paths.
If you find the sermons tiring, and you are falling asleep during them, then maybe you actually need sleep!!
Perhaps you & kel should go away for a weekend, just husband & wife. Leave the bibles at home for the weekend, and take some time to pray together instead.
Its not like I'd actually know what Im talking about, but at this time of night, it sounds like good advice. Its given out of love for the both of you!!

Smile
gigglesmish
gigglesmish

Female Number of posts : 82
Humor : incredibly funny, sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum