Friends of Chris and Kelly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs that have significance

+2
Kelly
bumblebee
6 posters

Go down

Songs that have significance Empty Songs that have significance

Post by bumblebee Wed 02 Jan 2008, 11:08 am

Does anyone have songs (can be Christian or non-Christian) that have special significance to them?

I have 2- 'Everybody hurts' by REM (I still remember seeing REM live a couple of years back and almost flipping out when they did this song) and 'I'll stand by you' by the Pretenders.

It doesn't happen so much these days but in times go by that when I was feeling really low and I happened to turn the radio on then either of these two songs would come on straight away- always thought God was telling me that He was still around and hadn't forgotton me! And sometimes the song would come on when I was pondering whether I was going in the right direction or contemplating making a change in life and in a sense God was saying its ok to go down that path.

Your song doesn't have to have such deep and meaningful conotations- they could just bring back some memories!

bb
bumblebee
bumblebee

Male Number of posts : 74
Humor : im the most funniest bumblebee thats buzzing around
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Songs that have significance Empty Re: Songs that have significance

Post by Kelly Wed 02 Jan 2008, 12:06 pm

Every little thing she does is magic - The police (kinda Chris's and my song)

You are my sunshine - my Dad used to sing that to me

Blessed be your name - cause for a long time I couldn't sing the bridge. "You give and you take away my heart will choose to say blessed be your name"

I'm sure there are more, but these are the three that come to mind.
Kelly
Kelly
Admin

Female Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-12-31

https://ckwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmy_J Wed 02 Jan 2008, 1:54 pm

I have what I call milestone songs that litter the road that is my lifes journey. These are songs that when heard can rewind me back to certain "milestone" moments in my life, some good, some bad, some that where good but now I'm a Christian seem not so good.

My very first memory is "Pop goes the weezle", as an innocent 3 or 4 yr old just turning the handle of a jack-in-the-box, oblivious to the future psychological trauma that was but only one turn away.

High School I was obsessed with two Simon and Garfunkle songs "Only living boy in New York" and "I am a rock". Both embraced the isolaton I felt in a world i though was either ignoring me or just didn't deserve my attention.

Lately it has been a Blind Boys from Alabama song called Atom Bomb. It goes "People just be talkin, talkin bout that atom bomb, but no one seems afraid of the day my Lord will come. 'cause he'll hit like an atom bomb when he comes, when he comes."

It's full circle expect this time its nearly everyone else turning the handle of that cosmic jack-in-the-box, joyfully oblivious that maybe just one turn away...............
Timmy_J
Timmy_J

Male Number of posts : 16
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Sanchez Thu 03 Jan 2008, 3:35 am

To Quote Kelly: Blessed be your name - cause for a long time I couldn't sing the bridge. "You give and you take away my heart will choose to say blessed be your name"

Is that not so hard to sing! Incredibly challenging! So I'm with you there Kel. I love that song.

But growing up with deafie parents mean that I wasn't exposed to a lot of music. Still, I have a few songs that I like:

Love Song for a Saviour - Jars of Clay "I want to fall in love with You"
Poor Mans Clothes - Roma Waterman "And I don't know how, but somehow I'm wiser...now I wear a poor mans clothes"
Dropkick Murphy's - Tessie, The Green Fields of France & Walk Away
Hillsong - Free "Would you believe me if I said that all of the dreams in your heart can come true, today?"

Anyhoo. Nice topic Jeremy!

Oh, and in case I ever want to quote someone else, can someone tell me how to do that? I know theres a way...but I couldn't make it work. So I just copied and pasted...but that made me feel dirty and shameful so I would like to learn how to quote someone properly.

Bless youse!
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Male Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Thu 03 Jan 2008, 7:07 am

Miguel Sanchez wrote:
Oh, and in case I ever want to quote someone else, can someone tell me how to do that? I know theres a way...but I couldn't make it work. So I just copied and pasted...but that made me feel dirty and shameful so I would like to learn how to quote someone properly.

Hit quote at the top of their message, then delete the information that you don't need, only selecting the part that you want to use.
Kelly
Kelly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Sanchez Thu 03 Jan 2008, 8:32 am

Kelly wrote:
Hit quote at the top of their message, then delete the information that you don't need, only selecting the part that you want to use.

ahhh...the cleansing power of quoting!

sunny
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Sanchez Thu 03 Jan 2008, 1:47 pm

Miguel Sanchez wrote:

ahhh...the cleansing power of quoting!

Ahhh...clearly you can quote yourself! Yep, well I couldn't agree with myself more there... afro
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Sanchez Thu 03 Jan 2008, 1:51 pm

Kelly wrote:
Miguel is the funniest most bestest Risk player I know. ooh, and he has a hot body!

Wow Kel! I'm flattered!

I could get used to this quoting stuff! afro
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee Thu 03 Jan 2008, 2:23 pm

miguel- when you are quoting someone it is best to quote the complete quote because you might get yourself into trouble. the complete quote was

Kelly wrote:
When compared to Chris, Miguel is the funniest most bestest Risk player I know. ooh, and he has a hot body!

and i think in the context of the quote, with regard to the hot body, i think the he is referring to chris and not miguel. although i could be wrong!

i have been known to use mis-quotes and my english grammer isnt the best!

kisa
bumblebee
bumblebee

Male Number of posts : 74
Humor : im the most funniest bumblebee thats buzzing around

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Sanchez Thu 03 Jan 2008, 11:44 pm

lol!
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Thu 03 Jan 2008, 11:49 pm

you are all evil! Twisted Evil

Misquoting me lke that!

Don't make me use my moderating powers to annialate you Miguel! Razz
Kelly
Kelly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gigglesmish Fri 04 Jan 2008, 4:02 am

Don't make me use my moderating powers to annialate you Miguel! Razz[/quote]
gigglesmish
gigglesmish

Female Number of posts : 82
Humor : incredibly funny, sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by gigglesmish Fri 04 Jan 2008, 4:03 am

so didnt work for me, was going to say, you'd like that wouldnt you kel!! Wink
gigglesmish
gigglesmish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayzed Edge Sat 05 Jan 2008, 2:05 am

Anyway ... I had somebody ask me once whether I had a theme song for life. At the time this persons was "I want it all" by Queen.

I always found more of an ifinity with "Under Preasure" by Queen. "The terror of knowing what this world is about. Watching some good friend scream, LET ME OUT" and then the ending "Why can't we give love that one more chance? ... Cause loves such an old fashioned word and love dares you to care for the people on the edge of the light and love dares you to change your way of thinking about yourself" (I think, the ghost of Freddy Mercury may come to correct me.)

Although lately I have really liked the clear message in some Chistian music ... Jeremy Camp "This Man" ... "Could you take the nails from his hands?" ... "East to West" "Tell me just how far the east is from the west. Cause I can't bear to see the man I've been rising up in me again ... Cause you know just how far the east is from the west, one scared hand to the other" ... and "Praise you in this storm" "I would have thought by now, you would have reached down and wiped our tears away, reached in and saved the day, but once again, I say amen and it's still raining. And as the thunder rolls I raise my hands and praise the god who gives and takes away."

Anyway ... I could go on misquoting songs for ages if you want.
Rayzed Edge
Rayzed Edge

Male Number of posts : 49
Humor : Sick, Sarcastic, Dry

Back to top Go down

Post by gigglesmish Sat 05 Jan 2008, 5:30 pm

OK, well my fave songs, are.....

1. Gone Away by Offspring. The line " And it feels like, heaven is so far away" was so true to me when I first started loving the band. I'd had a heap of friends die in tragic circumstances (all cars, but not at the same time) and one friend in particular, who was taken from me after we'd had an argument over something lame... ? cant remember the argument.

2. Lightening Crashes by Live. It's about death, and birth. I loved that song, round the same time as number 1.

3. Jailhouse rock by Elvis. Cause I think of my dad (being an elvis fan) everytime I hear it. Dad and I doing air guitar. Yeah, Go me & dad. we rock.

4. Fave Christian song - My hope is built?? I think thats what its called & Rock of Ages.

5. Big Girls dont cry - by Fergi. Just cause I know all the words - and kind of applied to my life when that song came out. .. . . . . . .
gigglesmish
gigglesmish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum