Friends of Chris and Kelly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What book of the bible are you reading at the moment?

5 posters

Go down

What book of the bible are you reading at the moment? Empty What book of the bible are you reading at the moment?

Post by Kelly Fri 04 Jan 2008, 10:04 am

I'm interested to see what people are reading. What propted you to start reading that book?

I am not reading anything at the moment Mad which I know needs to change.
Kelly
Kelly
Admin

Female Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-12-31

https://ckwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What book of the bible are you reading at the moment? Empty Re: What book of the bible are you reading at the moment?

Post by Miguel Sanchez Fri 04 Jan 2008, 10:18 am

I'm reading through John at the moment (for the second time straight). I hear that John takes special care to place events chronologically whereas events are a bit scattered in the other books...but I'm not sure how true that is.

I figures I would move onto Acts next...but I am getting so much out of John's gospel that I might go back and cover the others. Something I'm doing which I haven't tried before is to try and place myself as if I was there...and to try and read what Jesus is saying in a multiple of ways so that I don't miss the point. That prolly doesn't make sense but what I have been doing is trying to inject emotion and feeling into the words of Jesus that are recorded, and do this a few different ways. For example; I'll inject exasperation, or frustration or rebuke into the recorded words of Jesus and try to see what fits best. Or maybe tenderness or counsel or encouragement or joy...and see what fits best within the context of the situation.

This approach has been rewarding for me. Jesus was an incredibly passionate and had emotions...and for so long I have just read the gospel with my mind instead of letting it hit my heart (to my loss). So yeah, I'm interested to hear what others are reading!

And also maybe let us know what books you're reading? I'm a bit scattered here...I'm really getting into some Ransomed Heart Ministries stuff...so I want to read the Sacred Romance, I got a few chapters into The Heavenly Man and as well as that, I have tried the dangerous task of trying to understand the heart of a woman by reading Captivating. I heard that the heart of a woman is a bottomless well...thats kinda scary to think about really!

Bless youse!
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

What book of the bible are you reading at the moment? Empty Re: What book of the bible are you reading at the moment?

Post by bumblebee Fri 04 Jan 2008, 12:07 pm

I started going through Luke's gospel. I'm reading about 10 or so verses first thing in the morning and then trying to reflect and meditate on the passage at various points through the day (emphasis on the trying!). Trying to keep the daily passage small so as to hopefully not miss points that I might have missed if I read a whole chapter and maybe pick up on something I had missed before.
I'm thinking about doing the same thing at night before going to bed- maybe something from the OT- then something to start and end the day with.
Just need to get into a good routine and make it a good habit to have!
bumblebee
bumblebee

Male Number of posts : 74
Humor : im the most funniest bumblebee thats buzzing around

Back to top Go down

Post by gigglesmish Fri 04 Jan 2008, 1:51 pm

Ok, this is rather random, but I suppose that God's own randomness in my life, is in fact planned in his plan for me, therefore, would not be random at all for God. . . Random is good though, so please dont think that randomness is bad. I love random! I was given a new bible for Christmas, dare I say that I was there the day it was purchased.... Anyway, I bought these cool little tabs, so that it could take me to the exact page of whatever book rather quickly. Well, there were a few books in there that i had no idea existed (oops) so i read those, and they were only like a couple of pages, but I am reading properly, Revelations. It's freaky but cool. I don't understand how a number like 777 could be related to perfectness. They are odd numbers!!! Shocked

As for other books, I am reading many. Captivating?? (i suck at remembering names) & a book about the shooting at columbine,& another book by jodi picolut, I borrowed it from kel.. and one called coldcases, which is freaking me right out, but at least each killer has been caught and locked away in jail so far. . . . (coldcases are all true, and based in Sydney No )
gigglesmish
gigglesmish

Female Number of posts : 82
Humor : incredibly funny, sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmy_J Tue 08 Jan 2008, 4:33 pm

Romans.

2008 is the year of Romans.

I'm planning on choosing one book a year to study in some depth.

First up is Romans.
Timmy_J
Timmy_J

Male Number of posts : 16
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum