Friends of Chris and Kelly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giving to Missionary Organisations

5 posters

Go down

Giving to Missionary Organisations Empty Giving to Missionary Organisations

Post by Rayzed Edge Fri 04 Jan 2008, 2:37 am

Hello all,

I am in a bit of an emotional quandry.

I have been supporting a number of missionary organisations up to the move. But due to our changed financial position I am questioning whether I can really afford to continue supporting them all.

Should I be feeling guilty or that "the advancement of God's word in the world" will be compromised if I can't afford to continue supporting them all?

I'm feeling really awful that if I stop ... somone out there won't find out about God. And at the same time trying to reconcile my feelings that God is all powerful and his word will succeed.

HOW DO I DEAL WITH THIS Sad
Rayzed Edge
Rayzed Edge

Male Number of posts : 49
Humor : Sick, Sarcastic, Dry
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Giving to Missionary Organisations Empty Re: Giving to Missionary Organisations

Post by Kelly Fri 04 Jan 2008, 3:00 am

Well, as you said, God is in control and will look after things. Also, it means that while you may stop supporting for a little while it doesn't mean that you have to stop forever.

You still need to be wise with the money that God gives you. Ultimately, if it is a choice between eating and giving to missionary societies, then I choose eating!

Good luck making a wise and Godly decision.
Kelly
Kelly
Admin

Female Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-12-31

https://ckwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmy_J Fri 04 Jan 2008, 9:41 am

I've gotta go with Kell on this one.

Our God is Sovereign, he rules, he has control of all things.

Nothing on this Earth or in the heavenly realms can stop the advancement of the Gospel. A quick trip through Acts shows us how God uses even the greatest of opposition to actually advance the spread of the Gospel.

Having a sovereign God means it's not about us and our abilities, but its about His awesome power and about his willingness to let us partake in his plan, however that maybe.

If one giver has to stop giving in order to be a better steward, (a Godly pursuit), then God will touch the heart of another or others, who knows, He does.
Timmy_J
Timmy_J

Male Number of posts : 16
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee Fri 04 Jan 2008, 11:35 pm

Maybe you can support the missionary organisations in other ways than giving financial support. some suggestions
1. Pray- do some research and pray some more intentional and specific prayers than 'i pray for the missionaries in bumblebeeland'.
2. If the organisation has missionaries/workers, develop a relationship with one of them- write them emails/letters and encourage them.
3. If the organisation has an office in Canberra, how about seeing if they need some help and offering some of your time and skills in a voluntry capacity.
4. Encourage those you know to be involved with these organisations in financial and prayful ways..
bumblebee
bumblebee

Male Number of posts : 74
Humor : im the most funniest bumblebee thats buzzing around

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Sanchez Sat 05 Jan 2008, 8:16 am

yeah, tough deal there...

I just wanna second all the things that have been said...and Jeremy, some great outside the square thinking there!

I'm curious tho...I imagine that your anxiety regarding this won't just go away with some friendly (and godly) advice and support, but has this been at least a little bit helpful for you Chris?
Miguel Sanchez
Miguel Sanchez

Male Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayzed Edge Sun 06 Jan 2008, 7:13 am

Yeah ... it has been helpful.

You may have picked up that half the time I ask a question ... I already mostly know the answer ... but I just need to make it sink in.

It's still very difficult ... look at this website http://www.bibleleague.com.au/ and then think about trying o ring and say ... "Sorry, I don't think I can afford to continue supporting this"
Rayzed Edge
Rayzed Edge

Male Number of posts : 49
Humor : Sick, Sarcastic, Dry

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee Sun 06 Jan 2008, 8:05 am

Rayzed wrote:

It's still very difficult ... look at this website http://www.bibleleague.com.au/ and then think about trying o ring and say ... "Sorry, I don't think I can afford to continue supporting this"

It is very difficult- but Chris, it shows that God is working in your heart in wanting God's kingdom and God's work to be extended in the world. Keep that passion in your heart and keep on giving as best you can and pray pray pray.

(although one of my pet issues that annoys me is emotional blackmail advertising by some Christian and non-Christian organisations who send you material, usually with a picture of a cute child with the message 'we desparately need your financial support or this child will continue to be in real need' and try to guilt you into giving to them- such advertising has a real negative impact on me and ive given up even looking at such material- which is probably a sign of a hardened heart on my part- but i feel like telling these organisations that i will still give money to your organisation when i am good and ready, at appropriate times and for appropriate reasons, in spite of what i feel is your attempts to guilt me into giving more money to you. end of rant).
bumblebee
bumblebee

Male Number of posts : 74
Humor : im the most funniest bumblebee thats buzzing around

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum